Welcome to Youth Leader Training Cohorts, a new program designed to serve the Church by developing youth ministry leaders and strengthening ministries.
Participants will be mentored in practical ministry skills as well as important “soft skills” necessary for leading healthy and sustainable ministries
They will deepen their understanding of a biblically/theologically rich philosophy of ministry
They will grow in their walk with Jesus and experience real time encouragement and accountability from a cohort of fellow youth leaders
Cohorts are designed for:
- Anyone who is new to youth ministry or serving in a new position/at a new church
- Anyone seeking to develop as a youth ministry leader and strengthen their church's ministry to youth, regardless of experience
- Churches wanting to offer training and additional mentoring to their youth ministry "interns" or part-time staff
- A nine month study program (Sept-May) with content in three focus areas: Bible/Theology, Ministry Practice, Growth in Grace/Soul Care
- Each cohort is led by a mentor who has significant experience in youth ministry
- Cohort participants will attend RYM's annual Youth Leader Training event along with leaders from across the country (registration fee for YLT is included in the Cohort package - a $495 value)
- There will be two cohort meetings per month on Zoom (90 minutes each): one for discussion of study program material; One for topical ministry discussion, sharing life and ministry, struggles, prayer, etc.
- One 1:1 meeting per month with the Cohort Mentor (50 minutes each) for ministry consultation, pastoral care and prayer
- There are regular (~bi-monthly) meetings between the Cohort Mentor and local church oversight (Pastor, Asst Pastor, Youth Pastor, Elder, Lay Leader, etc.) from September to May
- Participants will have access to their Cohort Mentor between monthly meetings
- Participants will have priority access to RYM's Director of Training
- Tuition discounts at Covenant Theological Seminary and Reformed Theological Seminary (upon completion of two years of YLT Cohorts)
While the program is designed for two years of participation, a one year commitment is allowable. Cohorts will meet from September to May each year.
$1,800 per program year (this includes YLT registration - a $495 value in 2023). Installment plans are welcome. Full balance is due May 15 at the end of the program year.
Click below to register to be in a YLT Cohort before July 1, 2023.